Effective Date: February 13th 2016
Anchorex collects information about you when you use our website and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us.
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our website or Services to hire “Service Providers” or “Service Providers” who use the site to provide their services to “Clients”. Service Providers and Clients are collectively called “Users”.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method and other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, Project completion status, and other related transaction details.
- Log Information:When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times or pages viewed, site crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Anchorex account with a payment provider (e.g., PayPal) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- When you request on demand services, our users may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications between users.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Anchorex and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement. If you are in the EU or Switzerland, please see the Safe Harbor notice below.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share your information:
- With Users to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), average User rating given by other Users.
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer.
OTHER IMPORTANT SHARING
We may share your information:
- With Anchorex subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or other purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Anchorex or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. Anchorex stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
U.S.-EU AND U.S.-SWISS SAFE HARBOR
Anchorex, Inc. complies with the U.S.-EU and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce in connection with its processing of personal data about data subjects in European Union member countries and Switzerland. With respect to this data, Anchorex, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the relevant Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about these Safe Harbor programs, and to view our certification, please visit the Safe Harbor website.
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Anchorex will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law. Anchorex reserves the right to deny access to the site by a user if they fail to comply to all applicable site policies or for other reasons at the site’ owner’s sole discretion.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Anchorex does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements. There are different types of cookies. Cookies served by the entity that operates the domain you are visiting are called “first party cookies.” So cookies served by Anchorex while you are on www.anchorex.com are first party cookies. Cookies served by companies that are not operating the domain you’re visiting are called “third party cookies.” So, we may allow Google to set a cookie on your browser while you visit www.anchorex.com, and that would be a third party cookie. Cookies may also endure for different periods of time. “Session Cookies” only last only as long as your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they may recognize your device when you re-open your browser and browse the internet again.
OTHER IDENTIFICATION TECHNOLOGIES
We call this a Cookie Statement, but the statement addresses cookies and other identification technologies we may use or permit on our Services. “Pixel tags” (also called beacons or pixels) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including for example: device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, and other similar information, including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device. Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner. “Local storage” refers generally to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored by websites, ads, or third parties (such as HTML5 local storage and browser cache). “Software Development Kits” (also called SDKs) function like pixels and cookies, but operate in the mobile app context where pixels and cookies cannot always function. The primary app developer can install pieces of code (the SDK) from partners in the app, and thereby allow the partner to collect certain information about user interaction with the app and information about the user device and network information.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link, and we have indicated where this is possible in the table above.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit this site for more information. For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or Cookie Statement, please contact us at email@example.com